Saturday, September 17, 2005

POLL: What Time Would You Be Willing/Able to Attend a Debate?

As many of you know, I am trying to put together a debate regarding the judicial confirmation process and John Roberts. Quite a few dates have been tentatively selected only to be nixed later due to a scheduling conflict of one of the participants. Lunchtime seems to be a very difficult time for the participants because that is apparently when they often have meetings. I was wondering if any of you would be interested in, and able, to attend a debate at a later time of day. Please vote in the poll in the right hand column of this website (you can vote for more than one option). Also, if you have any comments or suggestions, please use the comments section of this post.

UPDATE: I have removed the poll since it appears that having non-lunchtime events is not a realistic option. Please feel free to continue to use the comments section of this post to leave your suggestings regarding Fed-Soc events.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't do Wens! I have class until 2:30! And I don't want to miss this event!

9/18/2005 5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto the above. Not only is the Wednesday time less preferrible for me, it is impossible without missing class. This I would be unwilling to do.

9/18/2005 9:06 PM  
Blogger Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

It looks like the consensus among the Fed-Soc officers is to postpone the debate until President Bush nominates someone to fill Justice O'Conner's position. So, we'll be pushing the dabate back and I am going to try and make sure it is during the lunch hour considering that none of the non-lunch hour options got enough votes.

Just for future knowledge, would an evening event work for you guys? Something around 4 or 5 pm? Do you think students would stick around?

9/19/2005 5:33 PM  
Blogger Tim Kowal said...

I would be around for a later event, but I think the overall attendance would be much less. Why are the lunch-hour slots not getting votes? I thought everyone had 12-1 open. Even if there is a conflict with another group, seems that this has still got to be the best time to have an event. Plan it ahead so that other groups know not to schedule anything for that day.

9/20/2005 12:18 AM  
Blogger Fern @ Life on the Balcony said...

Tim--There weren't any lunch hour slots on the poll. I was trying to see if there were other times of day that would work for a large number of students because I was having a hard time nailing down a lunchtime day that worked for both of the debate participants.

9/20/2005 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home