Saturday, August 27, 2005

Monday Events

I realize that there is a lot going on this Monday, so I thought I would provide a schedule and some answers to the questions I am getting.

The attire is business casual. However, I recommend you wear a suit if you have it. It goes without saying (I hope!) that whatever you wear should be clean and pressed. Business casual means that guys should wear a nice polo shirt or button down shirt and slacks. For women, it means a nice sweater or top (or button down dress shirt) with somewhat dressy pants or a knee-length skirt. No jeans or cargo pants, no t-shirts, no short skirts and no sneakers. This isn't the time to make a fashion statement, dress conservatively.

Here is a schedule of Monday's events:

1:30-2:45 Discussion with Justice Scalia (Room 237A, private event)
3:30-4:30 Reenactment of Lochner v. New York (Memorial Hall, free and open to the public)
5:00-5:45 Unveiling of the Milestones on Road to Freedom (Kennedy Hall, free and open to the public)
6:00-7:00 Dinner Honoring Justice Scalia (Tent in front of Memorial Hall, ticketed)
7:30 Justice Scalia Gives the Annual Madison Lecture (Memorial Hall, free and open to the public)

If you have any other questions, feel free to email me: fernrichardson@gmail.com. If I don't know the answer, I'll find out and get back to you. You can also check out the TWEN site Professor Eastman set up. He has linked to many different articles and other sources of information that might be of interest to students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home